Last night from 5:00 to 8:00 pm, I had the most marvelous time doing readings for customers at our new Nordstrom. What a fun way to spend a Friday night!
Thanks to Sun Dreams Productions for inviting me to participate in this special event celebrating designs by Ted Baker London. Customers were treated to hors d’ouevres, sparkling drinks, music from a great DJ, and astrology readings from yours truly!
Readings were quick — just 10 minutes long — so it was essential to zero-in on the most prominent features of each customer’s birth chart, along with a fast glimpse to pick out the most noticeable transits for the remainder of the year. I think I can say that all my participants were impressed. One even called me the “Houdini of Astrology”!
I did a little research before the event and learned that the founder of Ted Baker was Ray Kelvin, born December 11, 1955 in North London, giving him a Sagittarius Sun and Scorpio Moon. He first opened Ted Baker as a store selling men’s shirts in Glasgow, Scotland. I wonder if Ray himself, with that Moon in Scorpio, wears a lot of black.
I had some observations from the evening:
- The customers I spoke with came from many different countries; only three, in fact, were born in Canada (and from three different provinces).
- Leo seemed to be a prominent sign among Nordstrom shoppers — whether by Sun, Moon, or Ascendant. I thought that made sense. Nordstrom feels like a store that attracts people who value quality, luxury, and glamour.
- I felt pumped like the Energizer bunny. I spent three hours without a break and it felt more like twenty minutes. I could have gone on for another couple hours, I’m sure. I was indeed “in my element”.
- A great number of people do not know what astrology is really about. Perhaps I need to dedicate a few pages on this website explaining it.
- We could possibly do a study of the charts of shoppers to figure out what type of clothes they prefer, to which designers they are attracted, and when they feel inclined to increase their wardrobe. Do you think the retail world might ever embrace astrology like that? Hmmm.
Thanks to all the customers who visited with me last night, to Sarah and the staff of Nordstrom for making the event so welcoming and fun, and again to Sun Dreams Productions for asking me to take part.